All things Benjyboard, Decks, wheels, clothing ,skid pads etc

British skateboard stuff is here Benjyboard , Ben Liddell Fresh Air , Wasp , Avon , west country , pacer , surf flyer
dcgnus
Site Admin

Re: All things Benjyboard, Decks, wheels, clothing ,skid pads etc

Post by dcgnus »

Slackalice it should let you just post now without needing approval
punkboy

Post by punkboy »

good info :) the right hand sablosky in your pic was one of mine,ive sold a couple over the yrs ,good to see its still around :D
SlackAlice

Post by SlackAlice »

Yes it certainly was! I think I bought two from you in the past along with quite a few other items! If you ever have more BB items please let me know - that's what I collect along with Skuda.
punkboy

Post by punkboy »

thanks for your custom lol,i dont have any more benjy stuff now, the sablosky was the last one,if i see anything interesting ill let you know though,interesting user name,wasnt that larry graysons friend? :lol: or the band?
SlackAlice

Post by SlackAlice »

User name comes from a nickname I was given when I left school and started my first job. I used to have long hair and wear a leather jacket with a painted portrait of Alice Cooper on the back - the factory girls called me slack Alice and it kind of stuck! :lol:
punkboy

Post by punkboy »

cool :D
SlackAlice

Post by SlackAlice »

ive been going through my old bb pics,has anyone ever seen one of these aluminium decks? this is the only one ive ever seen,it must be up there with the benjyflex as one of the rarest benjys around,although probably the least desirable

Benjy started getting boards made in the States by Ampul such as their 'Waimea' entry-level board which was actually an AmFlex board, even had Ampul RR6 wheels fitted as standard. Benjy just applied their sticker!

Now, Ampul also manufactured double-kick aluminium decks, so my guess is that this was made as a sample/prototype that never made it to market as the wider boards were already starting to come in. Looks like an attempt was made to laser etch the Comp logo so maybe it was initially going to be part of that range?

As for the Benjyflex, I believe these were made by SCI (Benjy were a distributor of SCI comp wheels).
This is mine... as advertised in the ad above, complete with ACS 580's and OJ Super Juice.

punkboy

Post by punkboy »

yep its been discussed previously about benjy distributing other brands in their ads but the fact that the ally one had a proper etched logo means to me that there must have been a few of them sold but that pic is the only example ive ever seen :D ampul is deffo a key contender for the maker thats for sure
punkboy

Post by punkboy »

anyone buy the henderson that was on ebay?
Bugsyb

Post by Bugsyb »

Had a counter offer, too slow responding….not me!
punkboy

Post by punkboy »

yep i thought the price was a bit steep considering the trucks n wheels werent anything much, but obviously the buyer was after just the deck which looked a pretty tidy example,i bet the sellers thinking damn,i must have sold that far too cheap it was only up for a couple of hours :lol: thats why when i sell stuff i always start high and lower the price to suit, you cant go the other way :lol:
SlackAlice

Post by SlackAlice »

Guilty! Got a reduction on asking price. Deck is in very good shape. I've already got a home for the ACS and OJ's!
dcgnus
Site Admin

Post by dcgnus »

SlackAlice wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:40 am
Guilty! Got a reduction on asking price. Deck is in very good shape. I've already got a home for the ACS and OJ's!
Nice one 👍🏻
punkboy

Post by punkboy »

i messaged him to see what sort of price he was hoping to get and he said no low offers so cant see it selling for what hes asking ,rare as it is that works out around £800 for the deck,i dont think even a benjy fan will fork out that amount,but stranger things have happened :lol: it is a real nice example though https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305028758858
dcgnus
Site Admin

Post by dcgnus »

nice board though i like it but optimistic